Skip to main content

Back to the props


Now a made to order crochet blanket has been completed for behind the craft door, the book props side to life can continue to move forward. Hence, three more book props created since Saturday evening for The Very Hungry Caterpillar story.

One slice of salami!
Two pears!

There are just over several props left to create for this story - plums, oranges, cake, sausage and pie to knit or crochet. So, here's hoping that a soon to be trip to an internationally known craft shop or an even quicker purchase to a smaller online outlet of craftiness will see more yarn used (in need of purple, orange and dark/light brown yarn). I predict the latter option. Although, I love being around shelves and shelves of yarn! I know how shoes and bags shoppers feel - it brings out the 'I'm on top of the world' feeling in me and I NEVER leave without a purchase!



I also need to think more about networking to get my book products out there! As I've stated in a previous post, I do have one early years setting in place for providing an expert review in exchange for a set of The Very Hungry Caterpillar book props. I am really looking forward to handing a prop bag over and knowing the props will assist little learners with reading and more importantly developing a love for books. 


I shall also be creating key rings to correspond with the story for each book prop bag. I shall probably giving this a whirl this evening after some more behind the crafty door book props networking.

Don't forget readers can follow this blog by email as well as Google+ to keep up to date with the 'how it's all going?' posts and updates. There's also the Facebook, Instagram and other social media links relating to behind the crafty door including the book props on the blog sidebar.

Bye for now, 
Rebecca

Comments